Best Mattress Protector For Allergies – Complete Reviews With Comparison
Let’s face it. When you have allergies, it can seem like every single thing in your house could be the source of your discomfort and suffering. Is it the couch? Or the pillows? Finding the source of your distress can seem impossible.
But have you ever considered that it might be the bed you’re laying on each night aggravating your allergy symptoms? It’s true! Mattresses can be a huge source of allergies, particularly of dust mite allergies.
Thankfully, the best mattress protectors can keep you safe from this distress. Let’s take a look at the top 5 options on the market today.
Top 5 Best Mattress Protector For Allergies Comparison Chart
Best Mattress Protector For Allergies Reviews
1. LUCID Premium Hypoallergenic Mattress Protector
This mattress protector is most well known for how waterproof it is, but it also does a fantastic job of preventing the buildup of common allergens.
Many people who suffer from dust-related allergies have found that this protector does a great job of keeping symptoms from flaring up. Thanks to the style of protective layers and the tight fit, dust does not build up or get released. With regular washing, you’ll be clean and allergy-free in bed at night.
The idea is that the protector keeps dust from getting into the mattress (which can, in turn, lead to dust mite allergies), but it additionally keeps dust that is already built up in the mattress from coming out. Regardless of where on this scale you fall, you’ll rest easier.
One drawback of this particular protector is the polyurethane backing. This backing can be very noisy depending on the type of mattress. Using a fitted sheet on top of the mattress protector can help to dampen and prevent noise.
Still, this backing is why the mattress protector does such a great job of keeping any liquids out. Any spills or accidents will puddle up rather than absorb into or through the protector, making it great for mattress protection in that sense as well.
- 100% Waterproof - repels all liquids including bodily fluids, perspiration, urine and accidental spills - machine washable protection
- Noiseless and comfortable hypoallergenic cotton terry surface and polyurethane backing allergy-causing dust and bacteria from living in your mattress - safe for children and pets
- Fully-elasticized fitted sheet style with deep pockets designed to fit mattresses up to 22 inches deep
- Ultra-Thin design is breathable, quiet and sleeps cool without changing the feel of your mattress
2. Evolon Allergy Mattress Protector
No products found.
Unlike other mattress protectors that offer allergy prevention in addition to mattress protection, this one from Evolon was created with allergies first in mind.
The design of this mattress protector encases the entire mattress which can help prevent the buildup of everything from dust mites to dander to other allergens. If you’re an allergy sufferer who believes your bed is a big part of the issue, using an allergy-focused mattress protector like this one may show a considerable difference in how you sleep.
This product is fairly easy to put on your bed. The zipper is on the top, so you will have to slide it over the mattress, but the smaller zipper area leaves less risk of a tear along the zipper which can happen in encased protectors with a zipper that goes the whole way around the mattress.
One drawback is that this particular protector doesn’t come in many different sizes, which can cause them to be very loose on some mattresses. While this isn’t an issue in terms of protection, it is an issue in terms of comfort and can be annoying.
Finally, this product may be a bit stiff when received, but it can easily be softened with a few quick washes that will break down the fibers enough to still be effective while becoming more comfortable.
No products found.
No products found.
3. Allersoft Bed Bug, Dust Mite & Allergy Control Mattress Protector
Another option that focuses on bugs and allergies is the Allersoft Mattress Protector, another affordable yet quality option on the top list.
While many allergy-focused mattress protectors are limited in the size selection available to customers, this protector does not have that problem. You can find various mattress sizes to choose from, and even can choose the correct depth so that the protector will hug your mattress as it should. This will help the fit be even more comfortable while sleeping.
In terms of protection, this is a fully encased protector that will keep bed bugs, dust, and more away from you. The tightly woven fabric keeps everything locked inside while remaining cool and breathable for you. Fighting off allergens shouldn’t make you uncomfortable, and it does not with this particular mattress protector.
One big drawback of this type of protector is the durability. While it works well, the tight fit causes the zipper and seams to gradually separate, which defeats the purpose. Plan to replace this sooner, rather than later, if you plan to have full mattress protection in your future. There is a 90-day warranty.
- Advanced Protection: National Allergy Mattress Protectors are made from 100% breathable cotton, which promotes a sounder nights rest. We feature an exclusive Zipper System, engineered to fully encase & protect your mattress. Recommended by Doctors.
- Zipper Mattress Cover Protection: Keep your mattress clean & protected with the Zippered Two-Part System. The auto locking zipper ensures that it will stay closed. An added barrier creates a fabric shield under the zipper closure to doubly ensure there are no gaps.
- Breathable & Tight Weave: Our USA-designed, 100% cotton weave, is recommended by Doctors nationwide. Our fabric is woven so tightly that only air can get through. With a mean pore size of 2.6 microns, our breathable fabric keeps you cool, comfortable, and protected.
- Noiseless comfort: National Allergy's Mattress Protector is made from 100% cotton. Our durable & quiet mattress encasement is soft to the touch and noiseless when moving around while asleep. This cover is designed to provide an extra layer of quality protection.
- Easy Care: National Allergy's soft, durable, & 100% cotton zippered mattress encasements are fully machine washable, making them the perfect choice for everyone. Our doctor recommended mattress protectors are designed for everyday life, easy to clean & easy to use.
4. AllerEase Maximum Allergy and Bedbug Mattress Protector
Another interesting choice among allergy mattress protectors, this one does its fair share to make sure that bed bugs cannot penetrate your bed in addition to allergens.
This mattress protector is available in four different sizes, and each can fit up to a 17” deep mattress. While this means that the protector might be loose on some thinner mattresses, it will slide onto most average sized mattresses very easily, making it a smart choice.
Once you zip it up, you’ll find that this mattress protector is also outfitted with a velcro flap that closes over the zipper to ensure that no bugs or allergens can squeeze through the zipper area. This makes for a tighter seal which will only help to save you from allergy symptoms even more effectively.
One potential problem that some people may have with this type of mattress protector is the necessary cleaning technique. If you just toss it in the washer and dryer, the plastic coating may actually fuse to itself, creating holes in the protector. Care instructions must be followed very carefully to avoid that issue.
Still, this mattress protector stands out for the fact that it is also not very noisy! Many protectors are, but this one will hide the sounds of your tossing and turning very well.
- ADVANCED ALLERGY PROTECTION: AllerEase mattress protectors have tightly woven, expertly-designed fabric to prevent 99.9% of unhealthy household particles from collecting in your mattress
- WATERPROOF DESIGN: This mattress protector features a waterproof design that prevents liquids from contaminating and ruining your mattress, making it kid and pet proof!
- BREATHABLE FABRIC: Made of breathable fabric that won’t alter the feel, these protectors are soft to the touch. Plus, they do not retain heat, so you can get a comfortable and allergy-free night’s sleep.
- A PERFECT FIT: Our exclusive FlexFit technology provide a perfectly snug fit with a soft, quiet cover that can help you sleep comfortably through the night.
- ALLERGIST RECOMMENDED: All AllerEase products provide clean allergy relief, are machine washable, and have a Lifetime limited warranty.
5. Mibio Mattress Protector Queen & Allergen Mattress Cover Allergy Pads
Our final selection is known for its ability to fight or block dust mites, mildew, mold, bacteria, and more from causing you problems.
This mattress protector is great for keeping dust in and liquid out. The surface is very water repellant, and it is this way without the use of many dangerous chemicals that are found in other waterproof mattress protectors. Fewer added things means the protector is less likely to cause issues for those with skin sensitivities.
One point that may be a positive or a negative, depending on your particular preferences, is that these pads are made to be used as part of a larger protection system. Ideally, these encasements would go around your mattress then another fitted sheet would go on top. The pillows and box spring each have their own cover, too.
If you are okay with using this entire protection system, you’ll find that allergy issues revolving around your mattress will be a thing of the past for many years to come. If you want to keep it simple with just a mattress protector, this might not be the right choice for you.
Among these top mattress protectors, the LUCID Premium Hypoallergenic Mattress Protector stands out as the most effective and reliable of all the top options this year. You can expect it to prevent allergens from causing problems while still being comfortable.
If you want something to use as part of a more thorough protection regime, the Mibio Mattress Protector Queen & Allergen Mattress Cover Allergy Pads and accompanying products are a great option for a different type of protection.
- Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed Review - January 17, 2022
- Serta Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump Review - January 16, 2022
- Insta Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump Review - January 15, 2022