Best Weighted Blankets: Top Choices for Relaxation
- Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed Review - January 17, 2022
- Serta Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump Review - January 16, 2022
- Insta Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump Review - January 15, 2022
A weighted blanket will provide relaxation due to the fact that it offers deep touch pressure that promotes a release of serotonin in the body. This hormone, in turn, is the hero behind rest and relaxation. So, if you are someone who is need of a total body reset by way of rest, you should be on the hunt for the best weighted blankets.
Of course, weighted blankets are not only for relaxation. Some believe that the use of weighted blankets helps people with anxiety disorders, autism, sensory processing disorder, and ADHD. Therefore, if you are on the lookout for weighted blankets for the previous concerns that we mentioned, you should be able to choose one that fits that specific problem.
Unfortunately, choosing a weighted blanket is easier said than done. You will most likely know that your choice is the right one when you actually use it. This is the case because the deep touch pressure that we mentioned earlier is very subjective.
Best Weighted Blankets: The Top Three Picks
We are going to take a look at three weighted blankets and determine which one is the most likely to be of use in a general sense. We are going for its general use because, again, we cannot really say something about how good the pressure is because what is good for us, may not be good for others.
Hence, what we can only do is discuss the features of each product and list down the pros and cons of using them. Are you ready to know which one will aid relaxation? Read on to find out.
Quility Premium Weighted Blanket
Here, we is a weighted blanket that is made specifically for kids who have a sensory processing disorder. At the same time, it can also be of help for those who have anxiety, autism, and Asperger’s syndrome. The deep touch pressure that this blanket provides is perfect for people who want physical touch but cannot tolerate any form of physical contact.
What it does is that it provides a calming effect that can then help deepen a person’s sleep. As for the weight of the material, it is designed to be 10% to 12% of the weight of a child. It is also made of cotton that has a filling of plastic poly pellets that are hypoallergenic and non-toxic.
Square stitching is done at the sides so the pellets will not slip and slide inside the blanket. However, it can be quite a chore to clean since it should be washed by hand and not be put inside a dryer.
YnM Weighted Blanket
Just like the previous weighted blanket, the YnM Weight Blanket helps promote a restful, healthy, and deep sleep. This unique seven-layer weighted blanket embraces your whole body and mirrors your form.
When it comes to the ratio of beads and fill, this weighted blanket is designed to have more beads than it has fill, as this will be better for controlling the temperature. For each compartment, there is a glass bead that is sewn in place so as to prevent much movement and noise as you sleep.
In choosing a size that is apt for you, you should pick one that is 10% of your body weight and add one more pound. Thus, a 15-pound weighted blanket is for individuals who weight around 140 pounds.
The overall effect that this blanket wants to deliver to the user is to provide a comforting hug. This is the reason why the material that was used is much lighter than other weighted blankets.
- The original YnM weighted blanket offers a natural way to help calm your body for a restful night of sleep; great calming sensory blanket for adults and children to help decompress and provide comfort
- YnM owns a unique 7-layer weighted blanket. Our 7-layer system is designed to contour to the shape of your body for maximum comfort and the MORE glass beads & LESS fiber fill design offers better temperature control
- HIGHEST INDUSTRY STANDARD: 4”x4” smaller compartments for more evenly distribution + The extra two layers design and the three-dimensional lock bead sewing method for 0 bead leakage + Finest stitching(2.5-3mm one stitch) to prevent weight shifting from one compartment to another + superior quality material. All these made a fabulous highest quality YnM Weighted Blanket
- To choose a size for 1 adult, take 10% of your body weight, then add 1 lb; For sharing, please choose from KING 80''x87'' weighted blanket
- Breathable cotton/linen duvet cover, cooling bamboo duvet cover or cozy minky duvet cover are available in YnM. From YnM you can find a perfect duvet for you and for protection of your weighted blanket
CuteKing Weighted Blanket
We now move on to a weighted blanket that claims to have a cooling effect to pair with its calming effect. This is possible due to the use of glass beads. Furthermore, it is also 100% natural cotton that is breathable.
Other than helping to relieve anxiety, stress, insomnia, and other related problems, it can also help with post-traumatic stress disorder. More than that, both adults and children can use it. All you have to do is choose the right blanket weight based on your current weight.
Its compartments are medium-sized and are filled with thin cotton and glass beads that are odorless and non-toxic. What’s more is that it is washing machine safe too.
- Only weighted blanket do not include duvet cover, it is recommended that you purchase a Cuteking duvet cover to use with weighted blanket for easy cleaning. Search for Cuteking duvet cover on Amazon and you will find the best duvet cover for Cuteking weighted blanket
- Size and Weight: 48''x78'' for twin bed, 60''x80'' for queen bed or full bed, 80''x87'' for king or queen size bed, 88"x104”for king bed or California King size bed, the 48''x78'' and 60''x80'' for one person, the 80''x87'' and 88”x104”can cover two people. Weighted blanket is engineered to be around 7-12% of your body weight that can offer great all-natural sleep for adults and kids, Recommended blanket weight may vary by size. Please refer to the top heading for the recommended blanket weight
- Material: The CuteKing weighted blanket is made of 100% high-density cotton fabric, breathable and durable, filled with more cool tiny glass beads and less fiber, which make it can be used in all seasons
- 2021 new process: we add two layer microfiber inside the blanket. Our 7-layered blanket is designed to provide temperature control and guarantees that our blankets will not leak beads. We sew the compartments of the blanket to the right size so that the weight of the blanket is evenly distributed, comfortable and soft
- 30 days no reason to return and refund, we can provide you with free mending within three years, lifetime after sale service, blankets are made in our own factory, so we can give you good quality control at a good price
Which Is the Best One?
Honestly speaking, all of the blankets we review above are some of the best weighted blankets in the market. However, if we only need to pick one, we would go for the Quility Premium Weighted Blanket. Although it is marketed for use by kids, adults can also benefit from it.
We picked this because, out of all the weighted blankets in this article, it is the most efficient one in terms of fulfilling its main function, which is to provide enough pressure so as to release a certain hormone that promotes relaxation. Surely, this is a weighted blanket where you can expect that you will have a great sleep every night.
More than that, it is also best to wrap around yourself when you are feeling anxious and other similar troubling feelings. On another note, it does not have the best fill in this list. As we have mentioned before, its beads are larger than regular ones, but this feature does not really negate the fact that it is still extremely comfortable to use.
In need of relaxation? Need to calm your nerves? This weighted blanket from Quility will definitely give you that much-needed support.