Round Baby Cribs – The Ultimate Guide for Parents
Latest posts by Shawn J (see all)
- DynastyMattress Cool Breeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress - April 14, 2019
- How To Clean Memory Foam Mattress Topper - March 31, 2019
- Buying A Memory Foam Mattress or Mattress Topper - March 31, 2019
If you thought all baby cribs were straight and square, then think again!
If you are tired of the traditional baby crib shape, or if you are looking to make a statement, then you might like to choose from our selection of round baby cribs!
When you desire a nursery style or a baby room décor that is totally different , then an interesting choice of baby crib is the round crib.
There is no doubt that round baby cribs can really change up the look and feel of the nursery décor.
The best baby crib for that special appearance in your new baby room might just be a round crib – so let us review the best round baby cribs on the market for you.
Stokke Round Baby Cribs
The Stokke Sleepi System convertible round crib can be used as a bassinet or a baby crib. This round crib would be the ultimate in terms of versatility as it can grow as your baby grows. The round crib can be enlarged into an oval crib so that it can still accommodate a toddler.
Even when your child has outgrown the Stokke round crib, it can be converted into 2 elegant chairs that can be used as furnishings in your child’s room.
This is an excellent way to reuse your baby furniture when your baby no longer requires the old nursery furniture.
Stokke — a round crib that grows as your baby grows
The Stokke round crib uses additional parts to expand or retract the adjustable bed size.
In this way, you can use the convertible Stokke to adjust in size as your baby grows in size! The Stokke round crib can be used from birth right up to about 7 years of age. Even after that time, it can be converted into 2 elegant chairs.
For a young baby, the mattress height can be raised to make it easier for parents to reach in for baby.
Then as your child grows, the mattress height can be lowered. As your child grows older, the side of the Stokke crib can be removed to allow your child to be independent at bed time.
Because the Stokke round crib can be changed as your child grows, this can assist in the process of growth and development for your child.
As your child gains more and more independence, the Stokke round crib provides an excellent platform for your child to stay safe at night.
The soft and rounded edges mean that there are no sharp corners for your child to impact with, and hence it is safer for parents and children alike.
- Designed to grow with the child and can be used from birth through approx 10 years of age with additional parts
- Unique oval shape with soft curves for safe and comfortable environment
- Fits through an average doorway, making it easy to move from room to room
- Made of cultivated beechwood from sustainable forest, providing strong, solid and a durable product
- Includes a crib and a bassinet conversion kit
Badger Basket Elite Oval Bassinet
Coming as a complete set of baby crib and crib bedding, this is a good deal for an all inclusive price.
One of the detractors with the choice to buy a round crib is the difficulty in obtaining the correct bedding and mattress to fit the special shape of the round crib.
With the Badger Basket Elite oval crib, everything is included with the purchase, so you know that you will have the perfect accessories right out of the box!
Nothing could be easier than when you buy a round crib in the shape of the Badger Basket Elite oval bassinet.
The Badger Basket Elite oval bassinet looks great
Made from an attractive cherry colored timber, and very attractive baby crib bedding, this is a great looking baby crib.
The ivory bedding is completely neutral, and makes a great match with the timber décor.
The bedding includes decorative canopy and classic bows for that traditional appearance.
Measuring over 4 feet in length, the Badger Basket Elite oval bassinet will last your baby into the toddler years.
What we like about the Badger Basket Elite oval bassinet
Without a doubt, the Badger Basket Elite oval bassinet is one of the most affordable round baby cribs on the market.
When you consider that the package comes with a complete set of bedding, for a very reasonable price tag, then this round crib is hard to go past.
It also comes with a very attractive canopy fitted with attractive décor that can be screened around your baby during sleep time.
It also comes with handy storage space beneath the mattress (and who doesn’t need more storage), and is fitted with wheels for easy transport around the house.
- Complete bassinet with machine washable bedding (skirt, bumper, fitted sheet, canopy, foam pad)
- Convenient storage shelf hidden beneath the skirt
- Includes caster wheels
- Drape canopy shades the 29.5L x 21.5W x 7.5 H interior where Baby sleeps
- Bassinet frame is made with wood, MDF, metal, and plastic
Dream On Me Sophia Posh Circular Crib
This unit is a solid and sturdy wooden baby crib, measuring 70 inches high and 45 inches across.
It comes in a range of colors for you to choose from, including white, cherry and espresso (which I guess means coffee colored beige).
Not only is the Dream On Me Sophia Posh Circular Crib larger, but it is also heavier, weighing in at 65 pounds.
The Dream On Me Sophia Posh Circular Crib is somewhat adjustable, as the mattress can be raised or lowered depending on the age of your child.
Although it is not otherwise convertible, the Dream On Me Sophia Posh Circular Crib is suitable for children up to about toddler age as they can easily fit in this larger sized round crib.
The Dream On Me Sophia Posh Circular Crib comes with a complete list of easy to follow instructions so it can be assembled at home.
The decorative canopy is a wonderful feature that will define the décor in whole of the baby room.
When you child grows older, the canopy can be removed when it is no longer needed.
The Dream On Me Sophia Posh Circular Crib does not come with bedding or mattress included, but it is a simple matter to choose the correct sized accessories.
Overall it is a beautiful round baby crib that will be a highlight in your new baby’s room.
- Circular design
- Canopy not included
- Non drop side rail, 4 position mattress
- Dream On Me round mattress, sold separately
- All tools for easy assembly included
Badger Basket Empress Round Baby Bassinet
Weighing in at just 18 pounds, the Badger Basket Empress Round Baby Bassinet is smaller and easier to move around.
Suitable only for babies less than 1 year old, this is a much more affordable round crib than some other choices.
The best part about the Badger Basket Empress Round Baby Bassinet is that it comes with a complete set of crib bedding and mattress.
With a choice of neutral white, floral or grey bedding, there is also the versatility no matter whether you are expecting a boy or a girl.
What we like about the Badger Basket Empress Round Baby Bassinet
The Badger Basket Empress Round Baby Bassinet is a very attractive round baby crib for that special touch in the nursery. It comes with an adjustable canopy and cover to help block out the light during baby nap time.
With the Badger Basket Empress Round Baby Bassinet, everything is included at a great low price, which makes it a great option if you want to buy a round crib for your baby.
- Complete bassinet with machine washable bedding (liner/skirt, fitted sheet, canopy, foam pad)
- Convenient mesh storage shelf hidden beneath the skirt
- Includes locking caster wheels
- Graceful, flowing canopy shades the 29 inch W x 8 inch H interior where Baby sleeps
- May be used without the canopy
Ubabub Pod 2-in 1 Convertible Crib
Innovative clear acrylic sides with star-shaped cutouts allow for an unimpeded view inside the crib, making checking on baby a simple task.
It’s easy to assemble, clean and maintain and also includes a custom-fitted mattress, toddler bed conversion kit and features two adjustable mattress positions. Not bad all for a piece of modern artwork!
- Striking Design for ultra modern Decor
- Comes with Toddler Bed Conversion Kit
- Oval baby crib style
- Unique clear side panels
- Smooth rounded wooden finish
- Shaped like a coccoon
- Very classy and very chic
- Elegance in any setting
- Advanced Design features include low-height profile, clear acrylic sides with unique cut-outs, and two adjustable mattress levels
- Includes custom-fitted mattress and toddler bed conversion kit
- Made with Eco-friendly wood sources and non-toxic finishes; lead and phthalate safe
- Meets CPSC and ASTM International Safety Standards
- 1 Year Warranty
Baby Doll Bedding Sensation
Surround your precious newborn with opulence and luxury with this exquisite cream dream round crib bedding.
The extremely royal look of the cream and gold colors, combined with luscious comfort, make this stunning four piece crib set just dream like.
With its simple style enhanced by the dainty trim and ribbon ties, this uniquely charming bedding will transform your baby’s nursery into a room worthy of your heir.
- Comes with Round Baby Crib bedding set
- Elegant cream and gold colors
- Coordinated sheet and ruffle set
- Beautiful trimmings
- Bows and ties for highlights
- Set includes comforter, bumper, dust ruffle and fitted sheet
- Machine washable
- Made in USA
Round Baby Cribs are convertible cribs also!
You can use the cutest round baby crib while your baby is small. And you can keep and convert the configuration of the crib as your baby grows bigger.
A round baby crib can be the center piece of your nursery décor when your baby is small, and you can keep the convertible round crib for alternative uses. For example, a convertible round crib can be used as a bassinet for baby, a bed for a toddler, a play pen for a child, and even converted into a pair of chairs when your baby grows up!
Where to buy round baby cribs
There is an excellent range of round baby cribs to buy online. We recommend the Amazon store, as they have an excellent return policy.
As with any purchase of a baby crib, you need to know that you are buying a safe baby crib. And round baby cribs are certainly a safe option when looking to buy a baby crib.
For all the information of crib safety guidelines, please refer to our article on crib safety. We always recommend that you don’t try to use an older style baby crib, as the safety guidelines have changed, and some older style baby cribs are no longer considered safe.
The good news is if you want to recreate the antique look and feel of a traditional baby crib, then there are some fantastic options for a round crib that look extremely elegant and traditional. But when you buy a round baby crib, you always have the peace of mind that your baby is protected from harm.
How to choose round baby cribs
Generally speaking, a rectangular crib can be placed up against a wall, or into the corner of the nursery. This is not the case for a round crib, so you need to make sure that you have enough room to fit a round crib in your nursery.
There are some quite large round cribs on the market, so you do need to make sure that you have enough space in the nursery to fit a round crib.
There are some incredible and highly decorative round cribs with high posts and drapes and elegant canopies.
Just make sure you can fit the canopy of the round crib within the ceiling height of the nursery before you buy a round crib!
Don’t forget about oval baby cribs!
We have virtually included oval baby cribs in with our review of circular cribs.
We know that oval cribs are not exactly the same shape as round baby cribs. But in terms of the appearance and convenience of a round crib, the oval crib and circular crib are very similar.
Depending on your personal preference or how much space you have in the nursery, you may prefer one or the other.
Advantages of Round Baby Cribs:
- There are lots of good reasons to buy a round crib, including safety
- A round crib can save space in the nursery
- A convertible round crib can be reconfigured and reused
- Not many people have used or seen a round crib before
- The best round crib makes a unique statement in the baby room
- Round baby cribs come with stunning décor such as canopy, drapes and elegant posts.
Disadvantages of Round Baby Cribs:
- Bedding options can be limited, because most crib furnishings are rectangular
- Round cribs need to be assembled in situ, as they may not fit through doorways
- A round crib does not fit neatly up against a flat wall or squeezer into a corner